E&E separated?

General discussion of all things Evan-y

Moderators: mallocup, Smudge, lutewhine

lemonaid3175

E&E separated?

Post by lemonaid3175 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Just came across this USA article(linked from The End Records website through a tweet)..Evan mentions that he and Elizabeth are separated now? Thats too bad if it's true...anyone else here anything about this? Other than that, it is a very positive review.

copy and pasted the article and link below:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2010/03/evan-dando-winds-up-his-tour-breaks-out-lemonheads-classics/1

Evan Dando winds up his tour, breaks out Lemonheads classics
12:04 PMYahoo! BuzzShare
DiggNewsvineRedditE-mailSavePrintShare1 7
Comments

Recommend I spent a lot of time listening to Evan Dando in the '90s.

Granted, I didn't realize just how much time I spent listening to Dando until I saw him play last weekend -- and I knew almost every word to almost every song.

Evan Dando took the stage in stripes on Saturday.CAPTIONWhit's iPhoneThe singer/songwriter wound up his latest solo tour Saturday at New York's Mercury Lounge. I expected a bunch of tracks from Varshons, his 2009 covers record (it's good!), but I was thrilled to hear mostly Lemonheads classics.

"I've been on the road 21 years," Dando told us, saying at this point, "I can play what I want."

Name a song, and it was on the set list: Confetti (personal favorite!). My Drug Buddy. Alison's Starting to Happen. If I Could Talk I'd Tell You. It's a Shame About Ray. Into Your Arms. The Great Big No. Being Around. A cover of Will You Love Me Tomorrow. The room swelled with '90s nostalgia; I noticed Teenage Fanclub and Stone Roses T-shirts bobbing in the front row.

Dando, now 43, was in great spirits and full of energy during the acoustic show, happily taking requests and barely pausing between songs. (The only downer was that he mentioned he and his wife have separated, though he joked that maybe it was because he played a cover of The Frogs' Homos at their wedding.)

If I must wait almost 20 years to see an artist I adore, I'm glad it was at a performance like this one. Dando resurfaces next week at South by Southwest.
"..It's not the tracks, it's where they're leading..."

jmhallam
Contributor 2009
Contributor 2009

Re: E&E separated?

Post by jmhallam » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:51 pm

:( He mentioned it on a youtube too (that has since been taken down).

happyhead

Post by happyhead » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 am

Watch out or Mallow Cup will censor your post.

mallocup
Site Admin

Post by mallocup » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:39 am

It seems this an accurate account of what Evan said at the show. Would ask that folk continue to respect the pair of them and that this not turn into a thread for gossip or speculation.

happyhead - I contacted you right away about your post and why I was concerned about it (including the fact it wasn't clear if you were repeating a private or public comment) and you seemed fine about this.
[color=darkblue]Sith happens[/color]

lutewhine

Post by lutewhine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:54 am

Evan did post a video where he mentioned the separation, but as this was swiftly taken down, we did wonder if maybe it was news he realised he didn't want out there.

Obviously with something as potentially delicate as this, last thing this site wants to do is publically tread on toes, hence a bit of moderation in recent days related to this subject while we clarified exactly what the score was.
"That's the power of rock man...no strap can hold it"

happyhead

Post by happyhead » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:33 am

Happyhead was just a' jokin', Mallo.

I wish both E and E the very best.

sparkyhorse
Contributor 2007/08
Contributor 2007/08

Post by sparkyhorse » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:13 am

Stu, aren't you an editor or somesuch? any thoughts on publicly versus publically?
I'm the Dude, so that's what you call me

Toria

Post by Toria » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Hope both of them get through this ok, and I think that it is a private thing, if he wants to speak about it then fair enough but until then it's his own business!

lemonaid3175

Post by lemonaid3175 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

wow..didn't mean to stir anything up there. But USA today is a pretty mainsteam paper here in the US so I didn't think I was really scouping/treading on their troubles. All long term relationships have their ups and downs...God knows I know that..lol...here's hoping this is just one of those normal cycles for them and they will come out of it OK :cheers:
"..It's not the tracks, it's where they're leading..."

Rich

Post by Rich » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:13 am

V sad if true. Kind of explains the new accoustic on this tour, though :(
Taking hands across 1,000 miles of ocean.

dfekt86

Post by dfekt86 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 am

i thought he was joking when he said it. silly me.
Matt Brooker

Mr Coffee Man
Contributor 2007
Contributor 2007

Post by Mr Coffee Man » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:16 pm

sorry to hear this news for both of them.. at the end of the day not really our business though. Guess that's the awkward side of being a public figure.. we dig the music and are obviously interested in his history and like.. it's what shapes the music.. still not really our busines.. all the best to 'em.
Your Happiness is just a Chemical

lizzie

Post by lizzie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:21 pm

I just hope that everyone is okay. I haven't been here a while and haven't been keeping up with Evan 'news' but had a very vivid dream about this last night (and no, it's not my habit to remember my dreams - I remember three of them over the course of a lifetime) so it's a bit weird to log on here for the first time in about, what, six months, and find this under discussion.

Big hugs all xx
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.

Ouish

Post by Ouish » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:48 am

Yeah , sadly Elizabeth and I ended up calling it quits . Things started not being the same ..This is definitely the best thing for both of us ... It stopped working ... Nobody's fault.. . I learned so much from her : A strong , fine woman with no false humility , an otherworldly grace, a killer sense of humor . Our relationship , for many years , was like some fairy tale ... I now close this book up and I am simply grateful for all the pleasure it gave me . Evan D.(ouish)

dfekt86

Post by dfekt86 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:08 am

well it's good to hear it ended on a positive note. i wish liz and yourself all the best.

:cool:
Matt Brooker

Toria

Post by Toria » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 am

Love to both of you x

Rich

Post by Rich » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:49 am

Sad news, Evan. Glad you felt you could tell us.
Taking hands across 1,000 miles of ocean.

gwood

Post by gwood » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Ouish wrote:...an otherworldly grace...
That was my impression, the one time I spoke with her. Best to both of you.
Music by me--
https://oneoffrekerdz.bandcamp.com

chrishunt

Post by chrishunt » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 pm

So sorry to hear this, Evan. My best to you both as well.

CH

flightoverboston

Post by flightoverboston » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:02 am

take care the both of you, promise?!

happyhead

Post by happyhead » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Whatever did happen to Ruth Anne Morehouse? She was the youngest of the Family girls.

daveryen

Post by daveryen » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Elizabeth was very friendly, and generous with her time the couple times I met her - once in Philadelphia and once in Brooklyn. At North Star in Philly, she was selling some artwork she had done, and Evan had done. And at Southpaw, there was a really drunk guy "dancing" and smashing into her over and over. I did my best to keep him away from her, and she was really appreciative. We sang the Frog's "Homos" arm in arm, her being quite surprised I knew the song let alone all the lyrics. After the show, hung out with her, Evan, Ben Kweller, and some other bandmates. Highlight was passing around a bottle, as BK played guitar and we all sang "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright", which surprisingly I was the one calling out most the lyrics.

Ended on a bit of a dark tone, as Evan was unhappy the bar wanted everyone out. Won't get into that here.

Best to both E & E in their paths to happiness.

-DR